Friday, March 14, 2008

How'd they get the dress on the gerbil?

I am so glad Richard Gere's public kissing of Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty will no longer result in criminal charges. Now I can go back to worrying about global warming, the tribulations of Britney Spears and - oh, I can't kid any longer- Who gives a rat's ass?

You really cannot paint a nationality with one brush. I especially can't as I am about 8 nationalities. And pretty much every person I have ever met from India has just been the salt of the Earth. No nicer people will you ever meet. But when you call me on behalf of your American company could you please not tell me your name is Steve or Skip or Betty or Becky? And don't get pissed if I ask you to repeat what you just said 47 times. It just means I can't understand you because y'all don't talk English good. Actually most folks I have met from India have better command of the English language than most of us Americans, not just the redneck trailer-parkers who used to do all the telemarketing calls!

I'll make a deal with you. When I come to your country I won't talk louder if you don't understand me, I won't bemoan the lack of Red Lobsters or good pizza in India and above all I won't kiss any of your beautiful Bollywood actresses in public. Unless one kisses me first. Then it's on.

No comments: