Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Shiny Happy Conservatives

The Pew foundation has released an exhaustive research study (I heard they actually had to put seven researchers down) which has determined that Conservatives are happier than Liberals.

It seems the Conservatives are happier, regardless of their economic or religious status, because they are able to rationalize life's inequalities easier than liberals, who apparently tend to brood about the unfairness of it all. I must confess, I find myself doing this all the time. A conservative is more likely to say "This country would be better off if we worried less about how equal people are" than a liberal. Of course they might also say "I don't see what the fuss is about people not having enough to eat. I've got plenty of food!" Or, "those people who want universal health care just don't understand! I prefer a system in which family coverage costs $900 a month ( and they always bring up how they don't want their tax dollars paying for this and that)." Or, "if those people want to avoid having their home foreclosed on, they should pay their mortgage."

In short, get a grip, Liberals. Not getting it is crucial to all of our survival.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080507/sc_livescience/conservativeshappierthanliberals;_ylt=AjoA7Ko_1IyrZHk9cszy2o2s0NUE

No comments: