Tuesday, July 8, 2008

He's Got a Great First Name, I'll Give Him That...

Props to Tony Gonzalez for being in the right place at the right time to save a man on a dinner date from choking to death in a restaurant. I wish there were more stories like this one and less like the ones we usually see connected to NFL players. And props to the guy he saved for not finding some made-up reason to try to sue Tony.

I like Number 88 as a player, and obviously he's not a bad citizen, either. I'm sure he'll have that all-time receiving yards for Tight Ends in his pocket by the 3rd quarter of his first game in '08. And who's gonna take it from him? Shockey? Don't make me laugh. Antonio Gates? Maybe. Kellen Winslow, Jr? Fuhgeddaboudit! I also like his team's coach, Herman Edwards, whom I remember fondly as a player. The Miracle of the Meadowlands just shows you it ain't over 'til it's over.

Good luck to the Chiefs this season. Except when you play the Patriots...

No comments: