Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Top Of The World, MA!

Congratulations to the World Champion Boston Celtics. What a run the Boston area is having sportswise! The Red Sox are Baseball champs, and the Pats nearly won the Super Bowl to cap what would have been a perfect season (and would have sent those 1972 Miami Dolphins looking for the nearest shower rod). The Boston College Eagles had great football and basketball seasons, and the BC Hockey team is the reigning college hockey champ. And now the Celtics have returned to prominence by becoming NBA champs for the 17th time! And they did it in such stylish fashion, with an old-fashioned back-alley ass kicking of the El Lay Lakers. I haven't seen someone become someone's bitch this bad since they put Tobias Beecher in with Vernon Schillinger in Oz. Congrats to Doc Rivers, Danny Ainge ( I always hated him as a player) and Brian Scalabrine, the team white guy. And PLEASE, never, NEVER put a microphone in front of Kevin Garnett again. I went running for my shtreet to English dictionary during his expletive-laden joyous diatribe. And you guys know you're on TV, so stop all the swearing. I grew up as street as most of you and I have never spoken like that in general population (unless I smashed my finger with a hammer), so don't try to say that's the way people from the ghetto talk.

Congratulations Boston, on your sporting successes. I'd move back to Beantown and leave again if it will help the cause. Enjoy your parade. I know you're going to get your drunk on, but leave the rioting to Detroit. And LA.

Can't we all just get along?

No comments: